Dear Valued Clients,
The health and well-being of our staff and clients is always our top priority, so we wanted to reach out to provide an update on how we are handling the ongoing COVID-19 situation. Based on the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and state and local authorities, our office is currently closed to in-office visits. Our team will remain available by phone and email, and continue to process your tax returns during this time. Please note the following:
- If you have information to drop off at our office, please use one of these methods:
- Use our secure drop slot located on our front door.
- Upload your documents to your SecureDrawer Portal.
- Mail your information to our office.
- When your tax return is complete, we will request that you sign it electronically using DocuSign. Instructions for this process will be provided when the time comes. If you are unable to sign your tax return electronically, we can discuss alternate options.
- If your tax return is signed electronically, we will mail your original documents to your address on file within two weeks of filing your tax return.
- As of today, the IRS has extended the April 15th tax-payment deadline by 90 days. As more information is made available regarding this extension, we will continue to update you.
- Lastly, we will not be hosting our annual post-tax season party on April 15th. We hope to hold a client event later in the year, and will keep you updated as we have more information.
This plan will remain in place until further notice, and we will re-evaluate and keep you informed as we know more. Updates will also be posted to our Facebook page, so please follow us.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Take care.