Summer is right around the corner, and what better way to start off your by planning a vacation! Here are a few tips that could save you quite a few bucks, especially if you are on a tight budget.
- Choose a local location. The further you travel, the more expensive your trip becomes. If money is tight, but you need a vacation from home, look into resorts or destinations to which you can drive. This will significantly reduce your transportation costs, potentially saving you thousands of dollars!
- Look into national parks. National Parks, such as Yellowstone, the Great Smoky Mountain & Glacier, offer some of the most amazing scenery anywhere in the world, and at an affordable price!
- Rent a house. Hotels may have their benefits, but they are a very expensive option. Fortunately, hotels are not your only option. With the advent of services such as VRBO or Airbnb, it's now easier than ever to rent an entire house or condominium at a fraction of what it costs to stay in a hotel.
- Time your travel. When you travel is just as important as where you travel. By timing your travel for off-peak seasons or days of the week, you can significantly reduce the cost of your airfare. The best time to buy tickets is 21-112 days in advance.
- Choose a less expensive airport. In many larger cities, you may have multiple airports to choose from. Typically, the larger and busier the airport, the higher the fees. Reduce these costs by choosing a smaller, less expensive airport near your chosen destination.
Taking a vacation with family and friends doesn't have to break the bank. It all comes down to planning and choosing wisely. We hope you enjoy your Summer, and hopefully you can save some money along the way!